Thursday, September 01, 2005

More thoughts from the bus

I watched some of "The Real World" the other day, the newest one set in Texas. I haven't seen this show since like the first or second season, and all I could say was 'What the...?'. Calling this show "The Real World" is like calling Gilligans Island a Navy training film. This is so far removed from the real world that I don't even know how to describe it. Basically it's 6 or so completely immature, self centered assholes going to the bar every night, hooking up with random hoes and guys, bickering about a bunch of high school-like drama bullshit, then being handed these outrageously nice rewards for it. Like an Avid editing suite, really cool production jobs, etc. What the fuck?! One guy on there doesn't even get out of bed to do anything other than go to the bar and eat. Another guy's solution/reaction to literally every event that happens at this house is to suggest they go to the bar, get shitfaced and try to hook up with or get as many numbers from these bar chicks as possible. I have watched this show maybe 3 times or so, and every single one he has said it. It's hilarious. This is the real world? I wonder how long it would take me to lose my job, apartment and any semblance of self respect by living like this? I guess it's all just a show, but I think it has devolved into a freakshow, sort of like bad softcore...

I feel a little wierd playing fantasy football. I love football, but I'm not sure if I want to care what the weather conditions are in Baltimore so my fantasy team's kicker (who's not even a Bronco) has a good chance of scoring some points. Kinda feels like reaching a little, you know?

I can't believe New Orleans is basically underwater. That just blows my mind...

All of my phone numbers have the number '69' in them. 2 cells and work. Interesting...

"You people are nothing but a bunch of know nothing losers!" "Election in November, election in November!" "What? Again?! This stupid country..." - S

(That quote above got me thinking, why did they stop calling Mayor Quimby "Diamond Joe Quimby" in the Simpsons? That was funny, and the "Diamond Joe" part just sort of faded away...)

"Note to self. Remember, no matter how bad it gets, there is always beer." - Dirty Work

"Oh, you people can kiss the fattest part of my ass." - FG

2 Comments:

Blogger Prophet422 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Prophet422 said...

Thanks guys, I was hoping someone out there was reading this.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home