Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thoughts From the Bus (Yeah, again. You got a problem with that? You wanna fight about it?)

Those little motorized scooters are awesome. !/5 the speed of a motorcycle, but twice the noise! I wish that guy in my neighborhood would drive his around the block over and over and over and over. Oh wait, he does.

Laptop computers need to have their name changed to lapROAST computers. If I ever need to get the serial number for mine, I'll just check the cattle brand I now have on my left thigh. Oi....

A friend of mine told me the other day he that he read that Jason Statham (the guy in The Transporter, Crank, etc.) is booked to work for years and years because of the fact that there are no real manly, tough-guy guys out there anymore. I was gonna argue, but then I realized all the movie stars now are total weenies. Brad Pitt? Tom Cruise? Zac freaking Efron? Where are the Stallones? The Ahnolds? The Burt Reynolds(es?)? For shame, Hollywood. For shame.

If a friend in a bar ever tells you, "Here, take this shot I bought for you!" and then says "Just do it!" when you ask what it is, there is about a 90% chance you are gonna regret it. Trust me on this.

I have a fairly unusual name, but I don't think it warrants as many times as I've been asked "Is that REALLY your name?" No, I just made it up for attention or something. I mean, come on, mine has been around since the Old Testament was written. I seem to have missed the Book Of TaeShaun, and no one would ask that guy that same question...

I know I have mentioned this before, but spam email is just getting silly. I just got one with the subject line: "We'll return your carnal charge!" Took me a minute to figure out what they were even trying to say there. Come on, spammers, you aren't even trying anymore...

The Nuggets are the #2 seed in the west, and the Broncos just traded Jay Cutler? "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Speaking of crazy pills, congrats to Mickey Rourke to his Oscar nomination. (Backhanded compliments, our specialty. Thank you, drive through.)

I almost got a job one time as one of the guys who replaced the swear words in movies with non-swear words for cable stations. Now, I consider myself a fairly creative person, especially when it comes to swearing, but I would have never, EVER, come up with "melon farmer" to replace the M-F bomb. It's true, some cable station is using that. I couldn't believe it. I was farming shocked. (Keep up, people. lol)

I'm in a weird spot in my life right now. A lot of the time I feel either too old for a lot of things, or too young. Did I really come along in that dead of a time in culture? I didn't think so, but maybe I did...

And finally, an undercover shout out (as the kids these days are wont to say): "Fuck you, peg-leg!" You know who I'm talking to. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home